Position: Inside Wireman Apprentice
Applications are currently CLOSED.
For more information on application handouts, call the Louisville Electrical JATC office @ 502-581-9210.
To qualify for oral interview an applicant must complete the application and meet the following basic requirements unless he or she has a minimum of four thousand (4000) hours of substantiated electrical construction work experience or meets the “helmets to hardhats” criteria for veterans:
- Applicants must be a high school graduate, have a G.E.D., or have a two-year associate degree of higher. Also, applicants must be at least 17 years at time of application.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of state registration.
- Applicants must have completed one full year of high school algebra with a passing grade, or one post high school algebra course with a passing grade. (NOTE: being a high school graduate or having a G.E.D. and having fulfilled the math requirement will qualify the applicant to take the aptitude test.)
- To qualify to take the aptitude test, applicants must have the following documents turned into the JATC office within 21 days of applying:
- Official high school transcript or G.E.D. scores
- Copy of valid driver’s license for the state in which applicant resides and social security card
- Copies of any other educational certificates (college, trade school, etc). If the algebra requirement was achieved by a post high school course, an official transcript is required.
- All qualified applicants will be required to take the Electrical Training Alliance Aptitude Test Battery (Sanctioned by the U. S. Dept. of Labor). Applicants are required to receive a minimum score of “4” or higher to be eligible for interview.
- A processing fee of $25.00 is required to be paid upon meeting the basic qualifications. This processing fee will be due the day of the scheduled aptitude test.
- Following selection, but prior to registration, the apprenticeship opportunity is contingent upon a satisfactory drug-screen test.
- Applications will be accepted without discrimination because of race, religion, national origin, age, sex, or veteran status.