Position: Inside Wireman Apprentice
Applications are currently CLOSED.
You can check this page for updates on application availability or like our Facebook page at Louisville Electrical JATC.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (PLEASE READ IN FULL)
An applicant must complete the online application, submit or upload ALL required documents within 30 days of starting your apprenticeship application.
- Applicants must be a high school graduate, have a G.E.D., or have a two-year associate degree or higher. Also, applicants must be at least 17 years of age at time of application.
- Applicants must possess a driver's license.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of state registration.
- Applicants must have completed one full year of high school algebra with a passing grade of "C" or higher, or one post high school algebra course with a passing grade of "C" or higher. (NOTE: being a high school graduate or having a G.E.D. and having fulfilled the math requirement will qualify the applicant to take the aptitude test.)
- To qualify to take the aptitude test, applicants must have the following documents turned into the JATC office within 30 days of applying:
- Official high school transcript or G.E.D. scores
- Copy of valid driver’s license for the state in which applicant resides and social security card
- Copies of any other educational certificates (college, trade school, etc). If the algebra requirement was achieved by a post high school course, an official transcript is required.
- All qualified applicants will be required to take the Electrical Training Alliance Aptitude Test Battery (Sanctioned by the U. S. Dept. of Labor). Applicants are required to receive a minimum score of “4” or higher to be eligible for interview.
- An applicant can bypass the Aptitude Test if he or she has a minimum of two thousand (2000) hours of substantiated electrical construction work experience by submitting W2's and/or paycheck stub for proof of experience or meets the “helmets to hardhats” criteria for veterans.
- A processing fee of $35.00 is required to be paid upon meeting the basic qualifications. This processing fee will be due when you start your online application via the application portal.
- Following selection, but prior to registration, the apprenticeship opportunity is contingent upon a satisfactory drug-screen test.
- Applications will be accepted without discrimination because of race, religion, national origin, age, sex, or veteran status.